Monday, October 8, 2007

dOes iT eVeR sTop!!!!!!

Ok i have let you into my naked head, let me invite you into my Naked house! this is me after my 5th load of laundry. Imagine! , it's only me and my kids and a cat, why do i wash so much clothes! aweeee!!!!!! It could be cumbersome at times, but i am glad that i am blessed with a house to clean, and that i can call my own and children to clean after.

Now being a single Papa i have learned a couple of things, so here our my pointers and i would love to hear yours:

1. Fabuloso- great to clean floors, smells great and now they have the kitchen counter cleaner for quick clean ups

2. Best dryer sheets - PUBLIX brand. Thats right! believe it or not, the best dryer sheets are the Publix brand, i have tried all of them, but the ones that make my clothes smell the best are the Publix brand

3. Best time to use softner - Ok i have tried the softner ball, but it does not make my clothes smell as good as when i put the softner straight into the water during the Spin cycle. i have come to learn that my clothes smell very fresh when the softner is put straight into the water in the rinse cycle.

4. Old school air freshener - most visitors our impressed or turned off within the 1st 5mins of entering your house and the way to make a cheap, home made,strong impression is:
a. pot of water
b. apple (slice it up)
c. cinnamon sticks
d. cinnamon powder
and let it simmer. makes the house smell awesome! (my mom tought me that)

HELP!
* I would like to learn how to get the socks completely white again. i never get them as white as i would like, so i would love to hear some of your tricks

Well, it's been fun sharing with you, i have to go serve dinner, I made spaghetti with Turkey Sausages ( good for your health), and tend to my daughter who has stomach flu, and get the house ready for my small group tomorrow night.

God bless you. :)

16 comments:

sandra said...

Ricky, I have had really stubborn stains on my socks... I have several times put hydrogen peroxide on the most stubborn stains. I find that once it has soaked and it's ready for the laundry, the bleach will take care of the rest. Hope this works for you. Good luck with the laundry thing!

Sandra

orlando said...


ricky...

the sox...
the best solution to getting your sox perfectly white...
is to throw them away and buy new ones!!
i have proven that time and time again...
actually im due for a new stock...

if you like...ill get some 4 u as well...

the apple cinnamon boil is a cool idea...just reading it made your blog smell better...

my wife says she likes this idea too...she says that its perfect 4 this time of year...

orlando

Pris said...

Loved the picture!
I hope that Kayla feels better.

chad said...

i like orlando's method the best but you can also buy two cans of white paint and dip your socks in them while they are on your feet.

cat says, one cup of bleach in hot water.

SmilingSally said...

First, spray the bottom of your socks with Spray 'n Wash and then wash them with Tide and Clorax Bleach. Your socks will absolutely sparkle!
Allen's mom

Unknown said...

Funniest blog EVER!!!! LOL Still laughing!!!

Natalia said...

ok well I agree about the laundry! It's forever... the worst is when you forget to take them out of the washer... EWWW>>>> yeah.. and i'm a girl... scary...!!!!

Well per tips.net (because i'm lazy, i would of bought new socks already! I buy new clothes just so i don't have to do laundry... HAHA)

It says:
soak them in solution of a half a cup of lemon juice or two tablespoons of automatic dishwasher detergent in a gallon of superhot water. Soak for 30 min or overnight if they are very dirty.......

good luck..
PS Kmart has a sale on socks! 10 pairs for $5.50!!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danisa said...

I am impressed with your domestic knowledge! Whoever catches you will be blessed! :)

Try 1 cup of bleach, but leave them overnight in the washer with water. They will either get white or holes!

Jeffrey D said...

Wear flip flops or no shoes at all...

Jeffrey D

Tami said...

Ricky,

I have to tell you... you are one of my favorite bloggers... thank you for sharing yourself with the blog world...

As for household tips... I could fill ya up with lots... but I'll go with the laundry ones... there are more...but heres my best few

Lysol Kitchen Cleaner (yes thats right KITCHEN CLEANER) sprayed onto stains removes even old washed in already stains. Just spritz the stain and wash - you can even spritz it and then throw it into the laundry basket and let it work extra hard until you get a full load.

Another good one... If you have any stain that is oily... You have to get the oil gone first... Baby Powder sprinkled onto the oily spots, let sit t while.. then scrape away and the oily portion of the stain will be gone... treat the rest of the stain with a stain treatment or detergeant directly on the stain... give it a little scrub to work it in and wash... works great on oily cooking stains and works most of the time on other oily stains.

Okay done with the tips... any word on when you will be putting out a Ricky CD? Ya know, my birthday is coming up and I told my hubby that is what I want BADLY! Hey if you have any recordings at all... even if not professional quality... I would LOVE to have them. Your voice is AMAZING and your passion is so evident when you sing... you truly are the singing Pastor! When you sing it moves me as much as when Pastor Troy teaches. You are such a blessing in my life!

catherina said...

Ricky, dont try to put your sox white, is not going to work.
honey, buy new ones...
consejos: try the spray and wash, is very good, publix has it.
for the smell in the house i like from febreze the plug-in lavander and vanilla, oh my god, i love it.

God bless you!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I needed a laugh in this kids play room 8-)I struggle finding the socks I originally threw in the washer. In the load of whites I usually stick the socks in first, let them sit in the bleach, HOT water & detergeant for about 20 min, then actually start the load. I figure they got a 20min head start. As for your homeade air freshner... I use that too. My mom also taught me that, but never with the apples. I'll try that whenEVER I get back home.
P.S. If the socks dont get white enough, rip em up; then you have an excuse to buy new ones!

Julieta Reyes said...

I love your blog Ricky!

I have a great tip for white sox:
buy OxiClean® Free www.oxyclean.com
For best results use HOT/boiling water stir it well, soak the sox in it and stir them every 5 minutes, not with your hand obviously,when the water is luke warm, wash them, rinse them add a few drops of your favorite softener and Presto!
Don't use clorox, it will make your feet smell, the sox become rough and they will get a yellowish color on the long run.

Julieta

Unknown said...

Ricky do you have a tip for finding those second socks that disappear in the laundry process?

I am so impressed by your dedication to being a great single father. My dad did just the same, he found himself alone and raised me and my younger brother and I'll forever be greatful that he cared so much. You touch my heart and remind me each time how much my dad loved us and how special that is!