Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Princess!

About 3months ago i was driving in the car with my kids and my 9yr.old daughter Kayla started to ask me alot of questions about heaven and hell. I did not want to ignore her inquisitive mind so I engaged in a conversation with her regarding salvation. I had the privilege to lead my daughter in the car to Christ. Mind you my little boy Andres was in the back with his eyes closed and praying the same words as we prayed, but I know when he truly understands his time will come when he too gives his life to Christ.

Well since those 3 mos Kayla knew Beach Baptism was coming up and thought she would be baptized on that day but needed to be refreshed on what that meant 1st. Well the time came she was ready and it happened last night as we broke in our new baptism pool at FRC, I had the privilege to baptize my daughter. It was awesome! I know the road is long but this is the 1st seed planted in her life that will get her started to reach the potential that God created her to reach. It was AWESOME!

5 comments:

sandra said...

Ricky, I am so glad that your daughter took the first step towards reaching her God potential. I was able to witness her move into a new stage in her life. You and I both know that the road is long and will be filled with obstacles. I will keep you and your children in my prayers. Have a blessed day.

Heather Orr said...

That is awesome, Ricky! Although you may not realize it, please know that you are a great dad and your kids are blessed to have you as a role model. I can't imagine how you do it all, but I know that God has great plans for both of your kids and He is going to use you in a big way in their lives.

Don't give up - there are more victories like this one coming your way!

Heather Orr :)

Natalia said...

Congrats! Sorry for my camera not working...... :(

orlando said...

congrats man...

it was really cool to see how happy u were first hand...

i look 4ward to the day i can share that feeling with my kids...

what a great blessing God has given us as dads...to be the ones to guide them through this life and help them reach their potential...

orlando

Jeffrey D said...

We were there Congratulations

Jeffrey D and Rossana