Saturday, February 7, 2009

"I Know, I Know"




After 11 yrs I can tell the difference between all of the emotions my Daughter Kayla displays, especially when she Cries.

I know her selfish Cry
I know her mad Cry
I know her frustrated Cry
I know her nervous Cry
I know her "my tooth is hurting" Cry

but the one that truly effects me is "my heart is hurting papi" Cry. That is the one that i have to turn my face so she can't see me battling my own tears, so that i can be strong for her. My daughter is a very strong girl and struggles to let people see any weakness in her but it's this Cry where she tells you "i need you, I am broken", and "i need rescuing".

Yesterday she found out that my parents will be putting to sleep next week a family dog because of age and sickness. She turned and looked at me, and i saw her eyes so big as if i can look right through them, down to her heart and see the cut that the news had made. She buried her head into my chest and i turned my head so she would not see my own weakness. I didn't say much, i just said "I know, I know, I know baby". Her refuge was in my arms and daddy's words slowly but surely wiped each tear off one by one.

I am pretty sure that God hurts when we hurt. If we listen carefully we can probably here him saying "I know, I know"... Refuge can be sought in his arms and his healing word.

8 comments:

Garland Robertson said...

Thanks for the example of being a great dad.
I am proud of you Bro!
Love you and believe in you!

Pris said...

Wow...
I'm sorry she was hurting. I admire how you just blessed us with a lesson in her story. God always knows...

lili said...

she is SO BLESSED to have the love & covering & arms of a daddy like u...cause no matter how old we get, we need our "papi's".

and i'm sure Pris will agree, "i need u, I'm broken....i know" has huge song potential. they r lyrics in the makin -L

Lis said...

It truly does hurt when we see our little ones hurting but she is a lucky girl to have the strong arms of her papi to lean on.
It's comforting to see that there are dedicated fathers like you out there. God Bless you!!!

Yoel said...

wow! that was moving. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That was so cute! The little I know about you; is that you are a great Dad.I think is amazing the way we connect with our kids!! we know why they are crying without them even saying the reason...That is such a blessing!

Marc Millan said...

I am not sure what I'd say what that day comes, hopefully can be as strong and brave.
Props.